Monday, February 19, 2007

Hey...Republicans Don't Flip Flop, They Come To The Right...umm...I Mean the Light




Ahh, how quickly things change after only 6 years. I remember it like yesterday. I stepped on board a magical RV known as "The Straight Talk Express." Some of you might be suprised to discover I was once a staunch supporter of a Republican Presidental Canidate. Imagine my own surprise when I realized there might actually be a Republican out there for me. Well, thank God for George Bush, he might not have done much, but W did keep me from me from voting for a complete douche bag (ok, I did end up voting for Nader in that election).



Seriously, what does this guy actually stand for, I mean besides being President? He was against torture, and now he's for it. Well not for it, but just leaving it to George Bush to decide what "torture" is. Now this...

'McCain in 1999, "I’d love to see a point where it is irrelevant, and could be repealed because abortion is no longer necessary. But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade, which would then force X number of women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations."'

McCain 2.0 said...

'STEPHANOPOULOS: Let me ask one question about abortion. Then I want to turn to Iraq. You’re for a constitutional amendment banning abortion, with some exceptions for life and rape and incest.

MCCAIN: Rape, incest and the life of the mother. Yes.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So is President Bush, yet that hasn’t advanced in the six years he’s been in office. What are you going to do to advance a constitutional amendment that President Bush hasn’t done?

MCCAIN: I don’t think a constitutional amendment is probably going to take place, but I do believe that it’s very likely or possible that the Supreme Court should — could overturn Roe v. Wade, which would then return these decisions to the states, which I support.'

p.s. Sorry about the crude photoshop. It took me forever just to figure out how to do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo yo yo pitt, it's been almost a week. let's get a new post, homey. :)